Invitation to Tender for 2018 Capital Projects
The National Productivity Centre (NPC) is a Federal Government Parastatal under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. In line with the Centre’s mandate of enhancing individual and organizational productivity, it seeks to engage the services of competent Contractors/Consultants for the execution of its capital projects under the 2018 budget as follows:
- SCOPE OF SERVICES/GOODS
LOT 1: DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL/SECTORAL PRODUCTIVITY INDICES
1A. Design and Production of Questionnaires, Administration/Retrieval of Questionnaires, Data Analysis and Production of Report.
1B. Procurement of Licensed Software.
LOT 2: ANNIVERSARIES AND CELEBRATIONS: NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY DAY (NPD)/ NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY ORDER OF MERIT AWARD (NPOMA)
SCOPE: To Organize Symposium, Exhibition of Made-in-Nigeria goods, Panel Meetings and Visits, Road Shows, Production of Plaques, Award Lectures, etc.
LOT 3: DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF PRODUCTIVITY SOLUTIONS
SCOPE: Development & Deployment of Managerial and Operational Tools/ Templates for SMEs in Eight Clusters.
LOT 4: DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCTIVITY LINKED WAGE SYSTEM FOR THE PUBLIC SECTOR.
SCOPE: Design and Production of Questionnaires, Administration/ Retrieval of Questionnaires, Data Analysis, Capacity Building/ Sensitization in MDAs, Production of Report.
LOT 5: DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCTIVITY PRACTITIONERS
5A. Purchase of Desktop Computers, Purchase of Computer Printers, Purchase of Photocopying Machines, Purchase of Furniture and Fittings.
5B. Training of 1200 Practitioners.
LOT 6: ESTABLISHMENT OF ISO QUALITY TRAINING CENTRE
SCOPE: Purchase of Furniture and Fittings, Purchase of Teaching and Learning Aid.
LOT 7: PRODUCTIVITY PROMOTION AND ADVOCACY
SCOPE: Productivity Promotion and Advocacy, Productivity Coaching and Mentoring for Schools and NYSC Members.
LOT 8: CONSULTANCY, SURVEY & SHORT TERM STUDIES
SCOPE: Staff Capacity Building Workshops & Seminars, In-plant Trainings, Training of Trainers, Monitoring and Evaluation /Impact Assessment.
LOT 9: SKILL-ACQUISITION TRAINING FOR WOMEN & YOUTH EMPOWERMENT IN GAMAWA, BAUCHI.
SCOPE: Training of Women & Youth in Various Vocations, Soap making, Tailoring, Barbing.
LOT 10: SUPPLY OF PESTICIDES AND SPRAY PUMP IN GOMBE, KWAMI/FUNAKAYE LGAs, GOMBE STATE.
SCOPE: Supply of Spray Pumps and Pesticides
LOT 11: TRAINING OF WOMEN IN BEADS MAKING IN BAKURA/MARADUN LGAs, ZAMFARA STATE.
SCOPE: Training in Beads Making.
LOT 12: SUPPLY OF TRICYCLES, MOTORCYCLES, VULCANIZING MACHINES AND WHEELCHAIRS FOR THE DISABLES IN MIKAN, QUWAANPAN SHENDAM LGAS IN PLATEAU STATE.
SCOPE: Purchase of Tricycles, Motorcycles, Air pump Machines, Wheel Chairs and Crutches.
LOT 13: ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING AND EMPOWERMENT FOR YOUTHS IN ORON, MOBO, OKOBO, UDUNG UKO, URUE-OFFONG, ORUKO, AKWA- IBOM STATE.
SCOPE: Training of Women & Youths in Various Vocations, Soap Making, Tailoring, Barbing, Beads Making, Makeup and Food Processing.
LOT 14: YOUTH AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN UMUAHIA NORTH AND BENDE LGAs IN ABIA STATE
SCOPE: Training of Women & Youths in Various Vocations, Soap Making, Tailoring, Barbing, Beads Making, Hairstyles, Catering, Shoes and Bags Processing and Leather Works.
LOT 15: SKILL ACQUISITION FOR WOMEN AND YOUTHS AT EFAKPA, OJOKO, ADUMU, OJAMA’GBACHU, EFEKPE, OFORO AND ABO IN IMANE OLAMABORO LGA, KOGI STATE.
SCOPE: Training of Women & Youth in Various Vocations, Soap making, Fashion design, Barbing, Beads making, Catering, Shoes and bags making, Leatherworks, makeup, and Computer training.
LOT 16: PRODUCTIVITY PROMOTION AND ADVOCACY ACROSS THE NATION TO STIMULATE PRODUCTIVITY CONSCIOUSNESS TOWARDS DEVELOPING THE NECESSARY MINDSET AND CULTURE FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH AND COMPETITIVENESS.
SCOPE: Production of Audio and Visual Jingles, Production of Documentaries and Supplements, and Placements on National Media Platforms.
LOT 17: TRAINING OF YOUTHS AND WOMEN IN RICE FARMING IN BAKURA/MARADUN FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, ZAMFARA STATE.-
SCOPE: Training of Women and Youths in Different Stages of Rice Production, Spacing, and Method of Planting, Soil to Be Used, Tillage, Weed Control, Pest Control and Fertilizer Application.
CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS/ INTERVENTION PROJECTS
LOT 18: EMPOWERMENT OF YOUTHS & WOMEN IN GOMBE/KWAMI/FUNAKAYE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, GOMBE STATE.
SCOPE: Skills Acquisition Training for Youths and Women.
LOT 19: SUPPLY OF TRICYCLES AND SEWING MACHINES IN GOMBE/KWAMI/FUNAKAYE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, GOMBE STATE.
SCOPE: Purchase of Tricycles and Sewing Machines.
LOT 20: SKILL ACQUISITION AND TRAINING PROGRAMME IN IMO NORTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, IMO STATE
SCOPE: Training of Women & Youth in Various Vocations, Soap Making, Fashion Design, Barbing, Beads Making, Catering, Shoes and Bags Processing, Leather Works, Makeup, and Computer Training.
LOT 21: POST SEASONAL TRAINING IN IMO NORTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, IMO STATE.
SCOPE: Training Programme for Youths on Post Farming Harvest Management
LOT 22: STRATEGIC EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME FOR YOUTH GROUPS IN IMO NORTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, IMO STATE
SCOPE: Training of Youths in Skills Acquisition, Developing and Strengthening of the Skills.
LOT 23: CAPACITY BUILDING IN RIVERS SOUTH EAST SENATORIAL DISTRICT, RIVERS STATE.
SCOPE: Workshops and Training in Skills Acquisition, Developing and Strengthening the Skills, Instincts, Abilities, Processes, and Resources that Organizations Need To Survive, Adapt and Thrive Fast.
LOT 24: EMPOWERMENT FOR YOUTHS IN RIVERS SOUTH EAST SENATORIAL DISTRICT, RIVERS STATE.
SCOPE: Skills Acquisition, Training & Empowerment.
LOT 25: CAPACITY BUILDING IN DELTA SOUTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, DELTA STATE.
SCOPE: Workshops and Training in skills acquisition, how to develop and strengthen the skills, instincts, abilities, processes, and resources that organizations need to survive, adapt and thrive fast.
LOT 26: EMPOWERMENT FOR YOUTHS IN DELTA SOUTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, DELTA STATE.
SCOPE: Skills Acquisition, Training & Empowerment.
LOT 27: START-UP CAPITAL FOR TRAINED YOUTH IN DELTA SOUTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT, DELTA STATE.
SCOPE: Mobilizing, Empowerment, and Deployment of Capital to Trained Youths.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested firms should submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 1/1/ 2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Productivity Centre or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2015, 2016, 2017;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating the willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- A sworn affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Productivity Centre or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Declaring that the company is not in receivership and/or the subject of any receivership or the subject of any form of winding up proceedings;
- Declaration that none of the company’s Directors has been convicted in any country for any criminal offences relating to fraud;
- Contractors bidding for the supply of IT equipment should be registered with Nigerian Information Technology Development Authority (NITDA) and/or with the Computer Professionals Registration Council;
- For Training/Empowerment Programmes: Evidence of Firm’s Registration with the Centre for Management Development;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm;
- Please note that the Centre will carry out due diligence/verification of all the original documents mentioned above.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS FOR GOODS
Interested companies (for Goods) are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Director of Procurement of National Productivity Centre, Plot 2173, Cape Town Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the National Productivity Centre‘s Remita account in any reputable commercial bank. Interested Firms in Consultancy Services will not pay at this stage until after short-listing.
- SUBMISSION OF BIDS FOR GOODS
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Director of Procurement of National Productivity Centre, Plot 2173, Cape Town Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Director of Procurement’s Office not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 10th September, 2018.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (EoI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to the Director of Procurement of National Productivity Centre, Plot 2173, Cape Town Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Director of Procurement’s Office not later than 12:00 noon on Monday,13th August, 2018.
- OPENING OF EOI/BIDS
The EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 13th August, 2018, at National Productivity Centre, Plot 2173, Cape Town Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja. Also, the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 10th September, 2018 at same address.
- Only pre-qualified bidders for Goods will be invited at a later date for financial bid opening, while financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Only short-listed Consultants will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
Download the pdf copy below:
Invitation to tender 2018
The Honourable Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Dr. Chris Ngige, Inaugurates NPC Governing Board
March 12, 2018
DIRECTOR-GENERAL NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY CENTRE ELECTED VICE PRESIDENT OF PAN-AFRICAN PRODUCTIVITY ASSOCIATION (PAPA)
January 19, 2018
November 11, 2017