SENATOR (DR) CHRIS NGIGE OON INUAGURATES NPOMAC MEMBERS
The Inauguration, which took place at the conference hall of the Honourable Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator (Dr) Chris Ngige OON was very eventful.
The ceremony kicked off with the Director General National Productivity Centre, Dr Kashim Yunusa Akor introducing the new members of the National Productivity Order of Merit Award Committee(NPOMAC). He listed their names and where they represent as follows;
- Barrister Ikechi IKo -Representing Productive Sector –Chairman
- Dr Yerima Peter Tarfa -Perm Sec Fed Ministry of Labour &Employment
- Dr Kashim Akor -Director General,National Productivity Centre
- Alhaji Habu Adamu Jajere -Rep Nigerian Association of Chamber of Commerce,Industry Mines &Agriculture (NACCIMA)
- Mr.Uche Nwokedi SAN -Rep Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Mr Jamiu A.Abdulkareem – Rep Office to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSHF)
- Mr Victor Eburajolo mni -Rep-Nigeria Employer’s Consultative Association (NECA)
- Mr Jatau Kunda -Rep Senate Committee on Labour & Employment
- Hon.Adamu Ali Wudil -Rep House Committee on Labour & Employment
- Chief Hilary Edime Amodu –Rep the creative Sector
- A.O.Adenugba – Director\National Productivity Centre Member/ Secretary
The Honourable Minister Senator (Dr) Chris Ngige gave his address where he welcomed all the members and guests to the event and particularly congratulated the new NPOMAC members on their well-deserved nomination. He said the nomination was as a result of their estimable past records. He then encouraged them to put in their best during the selection process and to bring their wealth of experience to bear in the conduct of this National assignment.
He listed the Objectives of the Award to include institutionalizing Productivity consciousness and excellence in service among workers and organizations in both public and private sectors in Nigeria amongst others. The Honourable Minister exalted the President’s commitment to the cause of Productivity improvement in the country and said he considers it among the highest Award of excellence in the country. He reiterated that the President’s keen interest in the NPOM award has always been displayed in his attendance and full participation in the National Productivity day ceremonies. He thereby inaugurated the National Productivity Order Merit Award Committee (NPOMAC).
The Chairman of the newly inaugurated NPOMA committee, Barrister IKechi UKo thanked the Honorable Minister for considering them worthy of such prestigious assignment and promised that the committee shall do its best to improve on the commendable achievements of the past members.
The Director General NPC Dr. Kashim Akor in his vote of thanks thanked the Honourable Minster his constant support and encouragement to the National Productivity Centre.
After the ceremony, a brief meeting took place between NPOMAC members chaired by the Director General National Productivity Centre where he intimated them of their duties and sought their cooperation.
19th National Productivity Day Celebration and Conferment of National Productivity Order of Merit(NPOM) Award
May 10, 2022